🟠 Origin Stories: Burn to Claim
Everything you need to know about the Origin Stories burn-to-claim mechanic
On this page, you'll find:
Here's how it works:
- For Origin Stories Issues 2-8, each new issue can only be claimed by collectors who burn one of the previous issues, during a limited time window that's open until the release of the following issue. This means the total supply of all 8 Origin Stories Set 1 NFTs is 5,902. For example:
- When Issue 4 is released, all holders of Issues 1-3 are able to burn their NFTs to receive Issue 4. When Issue 5 is released, the claim for Issue 4 will be closed, and the maximum supply of Issue 4 will be set. From that point onwards, it'll be deflationary as it can be burnt for Issues 5-8
- Holders of the full Set 1 (Issues 1-8) will receive a physical premium bound copy of all 8 issues
Collectors have a lot of decisions to make:
- do they want to collect the full set of 8 to be eligible to receive the physical? Keep in mind, given the supply of Origin Stories Set 1 is fixed to 5,902, there can only be a maximum of 737 full sets, which makes the physical quite scarce
- if not, do they want to hold onto the issue they have, or burn to claim a new issue? What if there's a character or guest artist that they resonate with in the new issue?
- and the game theory - in each of the 7 burn windows, the supply of previous issues will be decreasing as they're burnt for the current issue. Which issue will become most scarce? How does that affect the value and rarity of the issue that they hold?